Utility services are the foundation of rural infrastructure.
Reliable and affordable water, waste treatment, electric power and
telecommunications services can help rural areas expand economic
opportunities and improve the quality of life for rural residents.
USDA Rural Development provides funding opportunities in the form
of payments, grants, loans, and loan guarantees, for the development
and commercialization of vital utility services. These programs
revitalize rural communities with a variety of infrastructure
improvements, and create sustainable opportunities for wealth, new
jobs, and increased economic activity in rural America.
Utilities programs connect rural residents to the global economy
- Increasing access to broadband and 21st century
- Funding sustainable renewable energy development
- Financing reliable and affordable electric
- Working to integrate smart grid technologies;
- Capitalizing on climate change opportunities;
- Developing rural water and wastewater systems to
help address water quality.
These investments support our long-term national prosperity by
ensuring that rural communities have the basic infrastructure to
become self-sustaining with the ability to compete in the global
economy. For more information visit our national website at: