CEDP works with regional partners to assist rural America.
- Stronger Economies Together - a rural regional development initiative to provide training and technical assistance to multi-county regions across the U.S. It is a collaborative effort by USDA RD and the four Regional Rural Development Centers and Extension Service.
- The Rural Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge leverages existing financial and technical assistance resources from 13 federal agencies and bureaus to spur economic growth in rural areas in approximately 13 regions.
- Investing in Manunfacturing Communities Partnership Rural Development is participating in the Investing in Manufacturing Communities Partnership (IMCP), which is a new multi-agency initiative that will accelerate the resurgence of manufacturing and help cultivate an environment for businesses to create well-paying manufacturing jobs in regions across the country. The IMCP is designed to reward
communities that demonstrate best practices in attracting and expanding manufacturing by using long-term planning that integrates targeted investments in workforce training, infrastructure, research, and other key assets. Applications are due June 28, 2013. Please use the link above for the NOFA and other program information.
- Forest-Based Sustainable Rural Development in the Dry Forest Zone - To increase the vitality of rural communities, working forests, businesses and entrepreneurs in the Dry Forest Zone (CA and OR) and to develop a regional model to increase the viability of sustainable forestry in rural communities in partnership with Sustainable Northwest.
- The South Texas Regional Rural Economic Development Strategy Pilot Project - To create economic growth and jobs in the agriculture industry in south Texas in partnership with the University of Texas Pan American.
Promoting Regional Innovation in Rural Communities - highlights USDA efforts to promote regional economic development in rural areas of the United States. Through inter-agency collaboration within USDA and with other federal agencies, USDA is providing more effective funding, training and technical assistance to rural regions seeking to improve their economic vitality. This report showcases a range of regional work, including the RBOG Great Regions initiative, the Stronger Economies Together program, the Partnership for Sustainable CommunitiesRegional Planning grants, and the Jobs and Innovation Accelerator Challenge grants. Additionally, USDA is working to gather feedback from regional stakeholders on how it can better support regionalism.
Return to the Program's Home Page
Rural Development's Home Page