Florida/USVI Multi-Family Housing Programs
Multi-Family Housing Programs offer Rural Rental Housing Loans to provide affordable multi-family rental housing for very low-, low-, and moderate-income families; the elderly; and persons with disabilities. This is primarily a direct mortgage program, but funds may also be used to buy and improve land and to provide necessary facilities such as water and waste disposal systems. In addition, deep subsidy rental assistance is available to eligible families. Visit the following sites for information and/or assistance or call our Florida/USVI State Office: (352) 338-3402.
Please visit the
National Office MFH website for additional information.
- Rural Rental Housing This program is adaptable for participation by a wide variety of owners. Loans can be made to individuals, trusts, associations, partnerships, limited partnerships, State or local public agencies, consumer cooperatives, and profit or nonprofit corporations.
- Guaranteed Rental Housing The Rural Housing Programs guarantees loans under the Rural Rental Housing Guaranteed loan program for development of multi-family housing facilities in rural areas of the United States. Loan guarantees are provided for the construction, acquisition, or rehabilitation of rural multi-family housing.
- Housing Preservation Grants The Housing Preservation Grant (HPG) program provides grants to sponsoring organizations for the repair or rehabilitation of low- and very low-income housing.
- Farm Labor Housing Loans and Grants The Farm Labor Housing Loan and Grant program provides capital financing for the development of housing for domestic farm laborers.
- Rental Assistance Program The Rural Rental Assistance (RA) program provides an additional source of support for households with incomes too low to pay the HCFP subsidized (basic) rent from their own resources.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I determine if I qualify for rental assistance?
I am a MFH developer. Are there programs to support new MFH construction?
I already own a Rural Development multi-family facility, or I know of a multi-family facility in my community that needs to be renovated. Are there funds for renovation and rehab?
- The Section 533 Housing Preservation Grant program awards grants to qualified nonprofits or Indian tribes to assist low-income homeowners or multi-family properties with rehabilitation projects.
- Both the Section 515 and 538 programs can also be used to rehabilitate multi-family facilities. Are there other programs I should know about?
The Section 514/516 program finances the construction of safe and sanitary farm and labor housing in rural communities.
Can you provide additional information on the Section 538 Guaranteed program?
Can you provide additional information for owners and managers?
FL/USVI MFH Program Contact:
Address: 4440 NW 25th Place
Gainesville, FL 32606
Phone: (352) 338-3402