Community Facilities Direct Loans
Lenders may want to obtain an eligibility determination prior to submitting a full application. Pre-application documents may be submitted
alone to obtain this eligibility determination, or the pre-application documents may be submitted simultaneously with the full application.
Lenders wishing to receive an eligibility determination should submit the following pre-application material to their
Local Rural Development Office.
Please use this as a checklist and submit with the listed applications documents:
Upon receipt of a complete pre-application package, your local Rural Development Office will determine applicant and project eligibility, the level of
environmental information needed, and if any additional financial information is needed. You will be notified of the agency's decision within 45 days and given further
instructions on needed documents. Please be advised that you are required to hold a public meeting prior to grant approval. Instructions for
meeting the public information requirements are found below.
All Projects funded must follow federal free and open competition guidelines. This involves following Rural Development and state bidding
requirements. Your local Rural Development Office will help you determine the specific procurement needs of your project.
At a minimum, you will also need to provide the following documents to complete an application:
- SF 424, Application for Federal Assistance
- SF 424B, Assurances (non-construction)
or SF 424D, Assurances (construction)
- Resolution of Governing Board Authorizing Application
- Published Notice of Public Meeting/Minutes of Meeting
- Form RD 1940-20, Request for Environmental Information
- Preliminary Architecture/Engineering Report and cost estimate
- Form RD 400-1, Equal Opportunity Agreement
(construction projects only)
- Form RD 400-4, Assurance Agreement
- AD 1047, Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, and Other Responsibility Matters
- RD 1940-Q, Exhibit A, Certification for Contracts, Grants, and Loans
- Form RD 1910-11, Applicant Certification Federal Collection Policies
- Form RD 442-7, Operating Budget
(for proposed facility)
Other Documents that May be Needed