Business & Industry Loan Guarantees
Application Submission Requirements
The following items are required for submission of a complete Application. Prepare and gather the following information and click here to email.
- Form RD 4279-1 Parts A and B: Application for B&I Loan Guarantee
- *Signed by lender and borrower
- DUNS Number*Needed to complete Block 13 on Form RD 4279-1
- AD Form 3030: Representations Regarding Felony Conviction & Tax Delinquent Status for Corporate Applicants
- Form RD 1940-20: Request for Environmental Information and attachments
- State Historic Preservation Office Notification (SHPO)
- TSQ or Phase I due diligence if taking real estate as collateral -- Link provided to clarify requirement.
- Flood Plain Map, FEMA Map
- Flood Hazard Determination, OMB 3067-0264
- Personal Credit Reports, obtained by the lender, from an acceptable credit reporting company, for each of the following
owning 20 percent or more interest in the applicant
*Exceptions include those corporations listed on a major stock exchange
Commercial Credit Reports, obtained by the lender, i.e. Dun & Bradstreet, of the
- Key Employee
Appraisal (less than 12 months old), accompanied by
- borrower and
- any parent,
- subsidiary firms.
Lender's written analysis of the following:
- a copy of the appropriate environmental site assessment and
- the lender’s technical review of the appraisal.
For Personal and Corporate Guarantors
- Spreadsheets of the balance sheets and income statements for the 3 previous years (for existing businesses)
- Pro forma balance sheet at start-up
- 2 years projected year-end balance sheets and income statements, with appropriate ratios and comparisons with industrial standards (i.e. Dun & Bradstreet or Robert Morris Associates)
- All data must be shown in total dollars and also in common size form, obtained by expressing all balance sheet items as a percentage of assets and all income and expense items as a percentage of sales
- Management ability
- Repayment ability, including a cash-flow analysis
- History of debt repayment
- Necessity of any debt refinancing
- RD requirement for Tangible Balance Sheet Equity (TBSE) is 20% for new borrowers and 10% for existing borrowers. Please see the following link to determine if your borrower will meet the TBSE requirement: Tangible Balance Sheet EquityTangible Balance Sheet Equity requirement
- Average Hourly Wage Rate for jobs created *used for scoring purposes
Proposed Loan Agreement -- See link for requirements
Independent feasibility study if completed. If not provided and further USDA RD analysis of the complete application determines the need for a feasibility study, one will be required.
For companies listed on major stock exchange or subject to SEC regulations, provide:
For Health Care Facilities ONLY: Certificate of Need -- if required by statute to be determined the lender.
- Current Personal Financial Statements
- Current Corporate Financial Statements
If not previously provided in a pre-application, also provide the following:
- Current (less than 90 days old)
- Balance sheet
- Profit and loss statement
- Pro-forma at start-up
- Two-year projections with list of assumptions including:
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement
- Cash Flow
- Financial Statements, for the borrower and any parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries, for the last 3 years
- Form 4279-2: Certification of Non-Relocation & Market Capacity Information Report
- Business Plan -- Required for all applications, including refinance (omit if a feasibility study is provided)
Click here to email application.