Information for Guaranteed Single-Family Housing Lenders
Today is Friday, December 6, 2013
- We will do our best to provide daily updates on our status regarding conditional commitments and loan note guarantees.
Before calling our office or e-mailing for status updates, please first check our website to find out what day we
are currently working on. Thank you.
- TODAY for conditional commitments
we are working on files received on November 22.
- Volume continues to be high, so please help us by limiting all phone calls
and e-mails to only those that are essential. This should NOT include ANY
requests to "move your file ahead". This can't and won't be done. Do not send
multiple e-mails or make multiple calls regarding one question/issue. It
is a waste of time and slows down the progress of your files!
Files are worked in the order they
are received. Remember that a file must be
complete and correct before it can move on in the process.
FYI – we cannot and will not prioritize any files over others for any
reason! Please do not ask.
Additionally, based on the passing of the “Continuing Appropriations Act,
2014,”(H.R. 2775) the current eligible areas for the
Rural Housing Programs will remain unchanged through January 15, 2014, barring
any other Congressional action. (H.R. 2775
extends Sec. 731 of H.R. 933 “Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations
- Only one person should ever contact us regarding a file and that one person, should the Underwriter or the contact person listed on the 1980-21.
If you are already working with a Specialist on a file then that is who you should be talking to. Do not call and/or e-mail multiple
people regarding one question or file!
- Before calling or e-mailing us to check status of your file, check our website for the dates we are working on.
We will not pull anyone's
file and place it ahead of others - for any reason.
As an approved lender it is your responsibility to submit a fully complete and correct package.
No place "in line" will be saved by submitting an
incomplete file. Once we determine the file is fully complete and
correct, then the file will be placed in line.
- For loan note guarantees,
we are working on files
received November 5. We are finding closing packages
to be incomplete - which is slowing down our progress in trying to catch up.
Please ask your closing departments to review files and make sure they are
complete with all conditions met before submitting for review - this includes
the new closing process as well as the old. Thanks!!
✔ Remember that your file is considered received once it is fully complete and submitted before 2 p.m.. Anything submitted after 2 p.m. is considered received the following day. Regarding complete files, please note that the RD 1980-21, "Request for Single Family Housing Loan Guarantee" form, is our required legal document and must be 100 percent complete and signed by both the Lender and the Borrower(s).
Additionally the required income calculation worksheet must
also be fully completed on all three pages. If not, your file is not considered complete and
will not be placed in line. Thank you.
Single-Family Guaranteed Alerts
- If you want to be added to
our e-mail list, please e-mail Jaci Betcher at
- To prevent
delays in issuance of your loan note guarantees, please make sure you are using
the most up to date version of AD 3030 Form - it should show an expiration date of
02/29/2016 in the upper right hand corner.
- In addition, the newest version of the 1980-21 form
dated February 2013 must be included with your packages, must be fully
complete, correct, and signed by the borrower(s) and lender. We can't process your file without all pages of the form.
Contact and other Information
- Send all inquiries and documentation regarding loan note guarantees to the following e-mail box which was created specifically for closings firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.
- E-mail address for credit package submissions: email@example.com
- Fax number for credit package submissions: (651) 602-7833.
- If mailing credit packages, send to USDA Rural Development, Attn: Guaranteed Single-Family Housing, 375 Jackson St., Suite 410, St. Paul, MN 55101.
- All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org unless you have been working directly with a specialist. If you have been working with a specialist, then all questions, documentation, etc. should go directly to that specialist.
- Please note what day(s) we are working on and if your file was received after that, allow a full 48 business hours before contacting us regarding status of your files. Have only one person contact us so we don't end up with multiple people following up on the same issue. Don't call to ask us for a "rush" as all files are worked in the order that they are received
- Be sure to bookmark this page and check it daily for the latest updates. Refresh the page if it is not updated. We will try to have it updated by 8 a.m. every morning.
News and Notes
- Here is the link to the annual fee calculator. Once there scroll down to the “Loan Origination” section and it is listed under Documentation and Resources.
- Be sure to check out information on online training opportunities. for the guaranteed program.
- Click here to view a letter from Minnesota's USDA Rural Development State Director to all Guaranteed approved lenders.
- If you would like to be added to our lenders list to receive future Newsletters and other notifications, please contact Jaci Betcher .
- Winter 2013 Newsletter
- Spring 2013 Newsletter
- Winter 2012 Newsletter
Forms and Documents
- Minnesota Income Limits
- Approved Lenders in Minnesota
*We compiled this list to the best of our knowledge. If you see errors or omissions, please email email@example.com.
- National Approved Lenders List
- Guaranteed Brochure (updated 5/03/13)
- Approved Manufactured Dealers
- Guaranteed Rural Housing Fee Calculator
- 2012 Activity Map
- Guaranteed Housing Staff
- 1980-21 (Rev. February 2013)
- 1924-A: Information on Well Testing Requirements (Rev. December, 2011)
- Underwriting & Closing Documentation Matrix
- Regulation 1980-D
- Worksheet for Documenting Annual and Repayment Income
- Checklist for Submitting Files for Conditional Committment
- Closing Submission Checklist and Cover for Request of Final Loan Note Guarantee
- Administrative Notices
- Guaranteed Underwriting System (GUS) Online Training
- GRH Property Eligibility
- RD Underwriting & Loan Closing Documentation Matrix
- AN 4688: Outbuildings
Want to Become an Approved Lender?
- Form 1980-16 (Agreement for Participation in Program)
- Lender Approval Checklist