Montana Water & Environmental Programs banner

Water and Environmental Programs (WEP) provides loans, grants and loan guarantees for drinking water, sanitary sewer, solid waste and storm drainage facilities. WEP also makes grants to nonprofit organizations to provide technical assistance and training to assist rural communities with their water, wastewater, and solid waste problems. Visit the following site for a complete overview: Water & Environmental Programs

In Montana, our programs are administered through our Area Offices; Our State Community Programs office is available for program information as necessary:

Community Programs
2229 Boot Hill Court
Bozeman, MT 59715
(406) 585-2520
(855) 576-2674

While applications are accepted year-round, certain programs have funding deadlines for a particular fiscal year. Contact your nearest Area Office for details on program funding deadlines for the current fiscal year.

Note: Corporations that have been convicted of a felony (or had an officer or agency acting on behalf of the corporation convicted of a felony) within the past 24 months are not eligible. Any Corporation that has any unpaid federal tax liability that has been assessed, for which all judicial and administrative remedies have been exhausted or have lapsed, and that is not being paid in a timely manner pursuant to an agreement with the authority responsible for collecting the tax liability, is not eligible for financial assistance provided with funds appropriated by the Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012, P.L. No. 112-55.

Grant Recipient Reminder!
All RD grant applicants must be registered in the System for Awards Management (SAM). Central Contractor Registraion (CCR) is a requirement for virtually all parties seeking Federal financial assistance, not just government contractors. In order to register, you will first need a DUNS number. To complete your registration, go to, create an account (ID and password), and provide the required information (including DUNS#, Tax ID#, statistical information about your business, and Electronic Funds Transfer Information for payments). Be aware that it may take 1-3 days for registration to take effect, so please do not put this off. If you were previously registered in CCR, that information has been transferred to SAM. Please be sure your information is current and accurate. If you receive an RD award, you must keep your SAM information current, updating it at least annually, until your award project is complete.

Informational Materials