Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program
For more information on this program, reference http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/HAD-Guaranteed_Housing_Loans.html
- To obtain the status of current turn times for GRH Conditional Commitments and Loan Note Guarantees, please call 919-873-2060. This recording is updated daily as the current turn times change. Please check the recording prior to calling or emailing for a status update.
- Please limit all calls and e-mails to those that are essential in order to allow us to work on issuing conditional commitments with minimal interruptions. Due to the large volume of calls that we receive, only the 1980-21 Point of Contact (POC) or the Underwriter should be calling on any file.
- As an approved lender it is your responsibility to submit a fully complete and correct package. Incomplete submission packages will be withdrawn after 3 business days of Lender notification by a staff member if corrected documents are not received within the timeframe. You can then re-submit the full package to us for processing as a new submission. Please refer to the Origination Stacking Order Checklist (Attachment C) and the Loan Closing Stacking Order Checklist (Attachment D) for a listing of documents that constitute a complete and correct package.
Single Family Guaranteed Alerts
- There is a new version of the 1980-21 form dated February 2013 which must be included with your packages - and must be signed by the borrower(s) and lender. We can't process your file without all pages of the new form. It's required for all packages received by us on February 7, 2013 and after.
- Our next GRH Informational Forum/Lender Training session is held on the 1st Wednesday of each month except for January and July. To register, please call 919-873-2051.
Contact and Other Information
- Send all inquiries and documentation regarding credit package submissions to nc-rdgrhSO@nc.usda.gov
- Send all inquiries and documentation regarding loan note guarantees to nc-rdgrhClosings@nc.usda.gov
- All questions should be directed to (919) 873-2051 unless you have been working directly with a Specialist. If you have been working with a Specialist, then all questions, documentation, etc. should go directly to that Specialist.
- All submissions to the processing and closing email boxes will receive an automated reply directly to the person emailing the package to confirm the submission was received.
News and Notes
- No changes will occur to Rural Development's eligible area criteria before September 30, 2013. For more information, click here.
- Following is the link to the annual fee calculator. Once there, scroll down to the “Loan Origination” section and it is listed under Documentation and Resources.
Forms and Documents