Preliminary Engineering Report Guide
Engineering Contracts (Water & Environmental Program)
USDA has worked with the Engineers Joint Contract Document Council (EJCDC)
to develop a set of documents with Federal requirements included.
The EJCDC 2014 engineering agreement is preapproved.
Otherwise contact the State Engineer for more information.
- Property Docket Guide: What is
required to complete the
property docket. This must be completed after obligation and
RD 442-20: Property Docket Form, Right-of-Way
RD 442-21: Property Docket Form, Right-of-Way
RD 442-22: Property Docket Form, Opinion of Counsel
Relative to Rights-of-Way-Attorney's Responsibility.
RD 1927-09: Property Docket Form, Preliminary Title
RD 1927-10: Property Docket Form, Final Title
RD Instructions 1780: Design standards and project
development regulations are in Section 57. Plans and
specifications shall be submitted to the USDA Rural Development
Engineer for review of these standards.
- RD Instruction 1792: To meet seismic requirements all
buildings must be designed according to 1997 Uniform Building Code
or the 1995 ASCE 7 Standard. This should be noted on the front
sheet of the plans or use
Form 1792-C NE.
Water & Environmental Disposal Construction Contracts (Water & Environmental Program)
USDA Rural Development is required to have the Office of General
Counsel (OGC) approve all construction contracts. There are
two OGC preapproved contracts. For contracts under $100,000 or if another contract is proposed, contact the State
- Engineers Joint Contract Document Council (EJCDC) 2013 Version is acceptable.
- RD Bulletin 1780-26
- Advertise for Bids - EJCDC C-111 (2013)
- Instructions to Bidders: EJCDC C-200(13) following Bulletin guidance
- Bid Form: EJCDC C-410(13) following Bulletin guidance
- Bid Bond: EJCDC C-430(13)
- Notice of Award: C-510(13) - Note: owner must obtain Agency concurrance prior to award.
- Agreement: EJCDC
C-520(13) following Bulletin guidance
- Performance Bond: EJCDC C-610(13)
- Payment Bond: EJCDC C-615(13)
- Notice to Proceed: EJCDC C-550(13)
Equal Opportunity Employment: Certification that the
contractor is in compliance with EEO laws for contracts over $10,000.
Form AD 1048: Certification that the contractor is not
debarred from doing federal projects over $25,000.
- Disclosure of
Lobbying Activities: Certification that
lobbying activities of the contractor are legal for contracts over
- General Conditions: EJCDC C-700(13)
- Supplemental General Conditions: EJCDC C-800(13) following Bulletin guidance
- Certificate of Owner's Attorney: Template GC-A of this Bulletin
- Pay Estimate: EJCDC C-615(13)
- Change Order: EJCDC C-941(13)
Construction Sign: This is the Temporary construction sign
- Engineer's Certification of Final Plans & Specifications: Template GC-B of this Bulletin.
Post Construction Phase
Any remaining funds may be applied to other needs mentioned in the PER.
However, the funds need to be spent within 120 days of the final
inspection. We recommend a proposal to spend remaining funds
be discussed at the pre-final inspection and requested prior to
final inspection. Construction should be done within 120 days.
Guidance can be found at
NE AN 2409-Unused Project Funds for Water
and Wastewater Projects. RUS Instruction 1780.
Contact the State