The Rural Community Development Initiative helps private, not-for-profit,
community-based organizations and low-income communities improve rural economic
development, housing and community facilities in rural areas.
- Grants are made to qualified private, nonprofit, or public organizations
(intermediaries) that provide technical assistance and training to recipient
- Intermediaries help recipients develop the capacity and ability to
undertake projects related to housing, community facilities, or community
and economic development.
- Application requests may range between $50,000 and $300,000 and used
over three years.
- Matching funds from participating organizations must be provided from
other sources at least equal to the grant. Other Federal funds may be
used as matching funds; in-kind contributions cannot.
- Application submission dates vary. There is a 90 day application
period from the date the Notice of Funds Availability (NOFA) is published in
the Federal Register.