Housing Preservation Grant Program
Provides qualified recipient organizations (grantees) with funds to develop
programs to assist very-low and low income rural homeowners with repairs or
rehabilitation work to their homes. Also, funds are provided to rental
property owners and co-ops to help with repairs and rehabilitation of their
units if units are made available to low and very-low income persons.
- Nonprofits, public bodies, Indian Tribes, faith-based and
Terms and Conditions:
- Grants have no required payback. However, recipient organizations
are required to develop other funding sources to leverage with Housing
preservation Grant (HPG) funds in order to assist as many households as
- The recipient organization must have the ability to administer a
low-income housing rehabilitation program..
- Eligible entities are invited to apply under a Notice of Funding
Availability (NOFA) which is announced each year.
- The objectives of the grant shall generally be accomplished over a one
to two year timeframe.