Home Repair Loan and Grant Program
Provides funds for necessary repairs to owner-occupied homes in rural areas (
i.e. roofs, windows, plumbing, electrical, heating, etc.).
- Eligible are very low-income home owner-occupants.
Very low-income limits.
- To qualify for a grant, the homeowner must be 62 years of age or older
and be unable to repay a loan.
- Applicants for a loan must have an acceptable credit history, adequate
repayment ability, and be unable to obtain the needed credit from commercial
Loan Terms and Conditions:
- Loan funds can be used for the removal of health and safety hazards or
for general updating/remodeling of a home..
- The maximum loan amount is $20,000 (outstanding).
- The loan term can be up to 20 years.
- The interest rate is one percent for repair loans.
- A deed of trust is required on loans exceeding $7,500 or greater.
- Grant agreements are required to be signed by all grantees.
- Grant funds can ONLY be used to remove health and safety hazards.
- The maximum grant amount is a lifetime assistance of $7,500.
Rural Home Repair Loan and Grant Program Fact Sheet