Distance Learning and Telemedicine Loan and Grant
The program's purpose is to provide technology equipment and facilities to
link rural schools within regions, link schools to other educational
institutions, utilize rural libraries as distance learning centers link rural
hospitals and medical clinics to major medical centers, and provide interactive
video and distance rural health training.
- Eligible applicants include rural schools, libraries, hospitals, health
care clinics, and related organizations.
Terms and Conditions:
- Program specifically designed to meet the educational and health care
needs of rural America through the use of advanced telecommunications
- Loans, grants, and loan/grant combinations can help rural communities
enhance educational opportunities, improve health care services, and achieve
greater economic development.
- The minimum grant amount is $50,000 with a $500,000 maximum.
Grants do require a match by the recipient.
- Loans and loan/grant combinations are held to a $50,000 minimum.
- Both loans and loan/grant combinations are noncompetitive application
processes. Applications are accepted year round.
- Eligible entities are invited to apply for the grants under a Notice of
Funding Availability (NOFA) which is announced each year,.
Applications will undergo a competitive application selection process.
Andre Boening, General Field Representative