Business and Cooperative Programs
Toia Rivera-Strohm explains a fiber process to Business Programs Specialist Debbie Rausch and State Director Tony Logan. Von Strohm Quilting & Fiber Studio in Pickaway County was awarded VAPGs in 2010 and 2012.
Business Programs works in partnership with the private sector and the community-based organizations to provide financial assistance and business planning. Recipients may include individuals, corporations, partnerships, cooperatives, public bodies, nonprofit corporations, Indian tribes, and private companies. Visit the following site for a complete overview: Business Programs.
Cooperatives are a cornerstone of business development in rural communities, and can provide residents with new job opportunities, enhanced educational and health care services, and products which enable them to compete in todays global marketplace. Cooperative Programs provide assistance for rural residents interested in forming new cooperatives and administers programs that fund value-added producer grants, rural cooperative development centers, and small socially-disadvantaged producers.
Visit the following site for a complete overview: Cooperative Programs
|Business & Industry Loan Guarantees (B&I)
|Rural Business Enterprise Grants (RBEG)||$735,000|
|Rural Micro-entrepreneur Assistance Program (RMAP)||$18,706|
|Rural Cooperative Development Grants (RCDG)
|Value Added Grants (VAPG)
|Rural Energy for America Program (REAP)
Business & Industry Loan Guarantee Program Information
A variety of documents for the Business & Industry (B&I) Guaranteed Loan Program are listed below for your convenience.
Links to Business Programs Regulations
Grant Programs Information
Rural Cooperative Development Grant
- More Information on the Rural Cooperative Development Grant can be found here..
Small Socially-Disadvantaged Producer Grant
- More Information on the Small Socially-Disadvantaged Producer Grant can be found here..
Rural Economic Development Loan & Grant
- More Information on the Rural Economic Development Loan & Grant can be found here..
Value -Added Producer Grant (VAPG)
- More information on the VAPG program, including application procedures, can be found here.
Rural Business Opportunity Grant (RBOG)
- The notice of funding availability for the RBOG program can be found here.
Rural Business Enterprise Grant (RBEG)
- More information on the RBEG program can be found here.
Intermediary Relending Program
- More information on the IRP program can be found here.
Energy Programs Information
- For more information on Rural Development's Energy Programs, including application procedures, click here.
Business & Cooperative Programs Contacts
Rural Development State Office
200 North High Street, Room 507
Columbus, OH 43215
David Douglas, Acting Business & Cooperative Programs Director
Debbie Rausch, Business Program Specialist
Randy Monhemius, Business Program Specialist
Christie Hooks, Business Program Specialist
Cindy Musshel, Business Program Technician