News Release
Release No.STELPRD4024348
ContactVicki Schurman(402) 437-5563
Barneston, Nebraska, Jul 30, 2014 --

    @@USDA Rural Development announces funding of $136,000 to the Village of Barneston. The funds will be used to repair the water transmission line that froze over the harsh winter months. This transmission line supplies the village with its water.

    "The Village of Barneston is very appreciative of the grant that USDA has provided to us.  Without its help, our small community could not have financially recovered from the cost of the repairs needed to replace the frozen water line.  This grant has provided us with the opportunity to replace the waterline with a more permanent solution to avoid any unforeseen problems in the future," said William Paul, Village of Barneston.

    "Rural Development strongly believes that every rural village or city have the dependable delivery of safe drinking water," said Community Programs Specialist Janice Stopak, USDA Rural Development.

    The project was funded through the USDA Rural Development Emergency Community Water Assistance Grant program. For more information contact Janice Stopak at 402-437-5743.

    For more information, contact the Rural Development office nearest you. You can locate an office by visiting: Visit for information on all of Rural Development’s programs.

    For additional information on RD projects, please visit Rural Development’s new interactive web map featuring program funding and success stories for fiscal years 2009-2013. The data can be found at:

    President Obama’s plan for rural America has brought about historic investment and resulted in stronger rural communities. Under the President’s leadership, these investments in housing, community facilities, businesses and infrastructure have empowered rural America to continue leading the way – strengthening America’s economy, small towns and rural communities. USDA’s investments in rural communities support the rural way of life that stands as the backbone of our American values.


    USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (866) 632-9992 (Toll-free Customer Service), (800) 877-8339 (Local or Federal relay), (866) 377-8642 (Relay voice users)