Click to open a printable version of Tennessee Energy Contacts and Projects

Click for a printable map of
local Energy Program contacts in Tennessee.

REAP helps rural businesses and agricultural producers purchase and install renewable energy systems and make energy efficiency improvements, lowering utility costs and increasing America's energy independence.

Content Divider

Who is eligible to apply?
Rural businesses, farmers, ranchers and other agricultural producers. Businesses must meet the Small Business Administration definition of a small business. Agricultural producers must derive at least 51 percent of their gross annual income from agricultural operations.

What may the funds be used for?
Eligible renewable energy projects include the purchase and installation of renewable energy systems such as wind, solar, geothermal, biomass, anaerobic digesters, hydroelectric, and ocean or hydrogen systems.

Eligible energy efficiency projects are those that reduce energy consumption and result in cost savings. Examples include, but are not limited to, things like retrofitting lighting, adding insulation, replacing equipment with more efficient units or replacing heating/cooling systems.

All projects must be located in a rural area, must be technically feasible, and must be owned by the applicant.

How much money is available for each applicant?
Loan Guarantees help private lenders provide affordable financing of $5,000 to $25 Million.

Grants may be awarded for up to 25 percent of eligible project costs.

  • renewable energy grants may range from
  • energy efficiency grants may range from
  • There is a special set aside for grant requests of $50,000 or less.
  • Some projects may qualify for a Loan Guarantee/Grant combination.

When are applications due in Tennessee? Applications for a REAP Grant, Loan Guarantee, or Grant/Loan Combination may be submitted to the Agency at any time. However, please note that funding has not yet been authorized nor allocated by Congress for Fiscal Year 2013. Applications received in the meantime will receive feedback and be held pending allocation of funds.

NOTE: Submitting applications early allows the Agency to provide feedback and determine if there is any additional information is needed.

How do I get started?
For Questions about REAP and assistance completing your application, contact the USDA Rural Development office that serves the county where the business is located. Click the map above for local contacts in Tennessee.

Energy Program Application Forms

Content Divider

See Also

System for Award Management (

SAM is the new streamlined reporting system for USDA staff and other federal agencies. The consolidated system simplifies the process for loan and grant recipients and makes project tracking more transparent.

SAM now replaces the following systems: Central Contractor Registration (CCR), Federal Agency Registration (FedReg), Online Representations and Certifications Application (ORCA), and the Excluded Parties List.

More information is at and frequently Asked Questions/Quick Start

The web addresses for legacy systems will also automatically redirect users to