Single Family Housing Programs
Single Family Housing Programs provide homeownership opportunities to low- and moderate-income rural Americans through
several loan, grant, and loan guarantee programs. The programs also make funding available to individuals to finance vital
improvements necessary to make their homes decent, safe, and sanitary. Visit the following site for a complete overview:
Single Family Housing Programs
Guaranteed Loan Program
News and Notes
Barring Congressional action, USDA will begin using the 2010 Census data to determine eligible rural areas for Rural Development housing programs on October 1, 2014. Changes to eligible areas can be viewed by selecting the applicable program listed under "Future Eligible Areas" at http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov.
For more information on this program, reference http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/HAD-Guaranteed_Housing_Loans.html
- To obtain the status of current turn times for GRH Conditional Commitments, please call 254-742-9781. This recording is updated daily as the current turn times change. Please check the recording prior to calling or emailing for a status update.
- Please limit all calls and e-mails to those that are essential in order to allow us to work on issuing conditional commitments with minimal interruptions. Due to the large volume of calls that we receive, only the 1980-21 Point of Contact (POC) or the Underwriter should be calling on any file
- As an approved lender it is your responsibility to submit a fully complete and correct package. Incomplete submissions will not be processed. Please refer to the Origination Stacking Order Checklist (Attachment C) and the Loan Closing Stacking Order Checklist (Attachment D) for a listing of documents that constitute a complete and correct package
Guidance for the Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program
- RD Instruction 1980-D
- Administrative Notices
- AN 4745 Guaranteed Underwriting System
- AN 4738 Refinancing Single Family Housing Loans Section 502 Direct and Guaranteed
- AN 4731 Program Lender Eligibility Review
- AN 4729 Debt Ratio Waivers and Compensating Factors
- AN 4723 Eligibility of Non-U.S. Citizens and Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements Program
- AN 4721 Rural Development Compliance with Lead-Based Paint Rule
- AN 4720 Rural Refinance Pilot
- AN 4714 Standardized Income, Origination and Closing Templates Lender and Agency Documentation
- AN 4707 Expansion of Rural Refinance Pilot
- AN 4702 RD Instruction 1980-D, Section 1980.324 Lender Charges and Fees
- AN 4701 In-Ground Swimming Pools
- AN 4699 Underwriting and Loan Closing Documentation Matrix
- AN 4688 Outbuildings and Property Eligibility
- AN 4687 Definition of Conventional Credit
- AN 4677 Implementation of New Fee Structure Effective October 1, 2012
- AN 4634 Rural Refinance Pilot
Contact and Other Information
- Send all inquiries to TXGRHQUESTIONS@tx.usda.gov
- If you have been working directly with a Specialist all questions, documentation, etc. should go directly to that Specialist.
- All submissions to the processing and closing email boxes will receive an automated reply directly to the person emailing the package to confirm the submission was received.
Forms and Documents
Direct 502 Homeownership Loans
A variety of documents for the Single Family Housing Direct Loan Program are listed below for your convenience.
Other Available Programs