Public Television Digital Transition Grant Programs Resources
*The materials on this page are in .PDF format and require the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
2013 Applicant Information
2013 Changes in Application Instructions:
- Toolkit: A new mandatory legal certification was added to the toolkit in 2012. Applicants seeking funding from the RUS Public Television Digital Transition Grant Program must complete the Representation Regarding Felony Conviction or Tax Delinquent Status for Corporate Applicants.
- Census: The instructions for looking up population data on the census factfinder have changed. Please refer to page 13 of the 2013 Application Guide for detailed instructions. Applicants must use census 2010 data for this grant program in 2013.
- FCC Maps: For applicants who may have applied in earlier years of the program, please note that the FCC now uses Google Earth maps. This grant program now also requires these Google Earth maps for application coverage contours (NOT Longley-Rice or any other FCC mapping versions used in the past). For updated instructions on the coverage maps that must be provided as part of application, please refer to page 10-11 of the 2013 Application Guide.
2013 Awardee Documents: (mandatory and only applies to applicants who have been awarded a grant)
- Corporations that have been convicted of a felony (or had an officer or agency acting on behalf of the corporation convicted of a felony) within the past 24 months are not eligible. Any Corporation that has any unpaid federal tax liability that has been assessed, for which all judicial and administrative remedies have been exhausted or have lapsed, and that is not being paid in a timely manner pursuant to an agreement with the authority responsible for collecting the tax liability, is not eligible for financial assistance provided with funds appropriated by the Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012, P.L. No. 112-55.
- All applicants must have a Dun and Bradstreet (D&B) Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number. Any organization that applies for a Public Television Digital Transition grant must provide their DUNS number on the SF-424, “Application for Federal Assistance.” DUNS numbers are available without charge. See DUNS Q&A
- Applicants wishing to apply for a Public Television Digital Transition grant online can do so at www.grants.gov. Your organization must have a DUNS number and complete the SAM registration process before submitting an application online (www.sam.gov)
Advanced Services Division, Telecommunications Program (202) 690-4493