Customer / Program Mediation
The Mediation Process
Mediation Brochure (PDF)
Mediation for RD Employees
If you have a dispute with a Rural Development agency, mediation may be available to help resolve it. The process is quick, cost-effective and intended to be mutually acceptable to all parties.
Mediation may be used to resolve adverse decisions in:
- Single-Family and Multi-Family Housing Programs
- Community Facilities Programs
- Business and Cooperative Programs
- Community Development Programs
- Water and Environmental Programs
- Utilities Programs
Uses an impartial, trained third-party expert to help all sides in a dispute look at the problem, identify options, consider possible solutions and agree on a resolution.
Mediation is not available for adverse decisions based on governing statutes, or if agency regulations exclude the decision from mediation.
* PDF files require the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
** Streaming Audio/Video presentations require the Real Player.