Friday, April 12, 2013
Airiston, Inc. is seeking funding from the RUS Rural Broadband Access Loan and Loan Guarantee Program to build-out broadband infrastructure and provide service at the broadband lending speed to residents and businesses in rural Michigan. RUS has published a Public Notice Filing of the company’s proposed service area, which can be viewed by clicking here. Existing service providers are not required to provide a response to this Public Notice Filing, but must do so in order for their existing services to be considered when determining the eligibility of the proposed funded service area identified in the application.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
USDA today announced publication of a final rule to expand access to broadband service in rural areas. The Rural Utilities Service (RUS) regulation announced today finalizes interim rules issued in March 2011.
Thursday, January 10, 2013
The RUS has published a Public Notice Filing of the proposed service area of Northern Neck Wireless Internet Services, LLC, a company seeking loan funding from the Rural Broadband Access Loan and Loan Guarantee Program to build-out broadband infrastructure and provide service to residents and businesses in rural Virginia and Maryland. You can view a copy of this Public Notice Filing by clicking here.
Farm Bill Broadband Program
This program is designed to provide loans for funding, on a technology neutral basis, for the costs of construction, improvement, and acquisition of facilities and equipment to provide broadband service to eligible rural communities.
Farm Bill Broadband Loan Program Brochure
How to Apply
Our guide and attachment page includes the application guide along with a list of important attachments. Guide and Attachments
Applicants seeking funding from the Broadband Loan Program can complete an Environmental Questionnaire as part of the Environmental Report that is included in the Broadband Program Application Guide. The Questionnaire is a supplement to the Report and helps identify items that need to be completed and also provides that status of these items to RUS. The Questionnaire should be submitted as part of Schedule Q along with the Environmental Report.
Applicants seeking funding from the Broadband Loan Program must complete the Representation Regarding Felony Conviction or Tax Delinquent Status for Corporate Applicants. The Representation Regarding Felony or Tax Delinquent Status is not addressed in the Broadband Loan Program Application Guide and is being provided as a supplement to that Guide. Applicants should include their completed Representation Regarding Felony or Tax Delinquent Status in their application package to the RUS.
Creating a Service Area Map
- The Mapping Tool is now available for Broadband Program applicants to create maps of their Service Areas. Applicants can create maps of their existing and proposed Service Areas by clicking here.
Notification that an application has been submitted
- Those interested in receiving email notifications whenever a new Loan has been submitted and the Public Notice Filing has been published can do so by signing up for our subscription service by clicking here.
- To locate borrowers under USDA Programs related to the Farm Bill and Recovery Act Broadband Initiatives Program (BIP) click here.
- Corporations that have been convicted of a felony (or had an officer or agent acting on behalf of the corporation convicted of a felony) within the past 24 months are not eligible. Any Corporation that has any unpaid federal tax liability that has been assessed, for which all judicial and administrative remedies have been exhausted or have lapsed, and that is not being paid in a timely manner pursuant to an agreement with the authority responsible for collecting the tax liability, is not eligible for financial assistance provided with funds appropriated by the Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012, P.L. No. 112-55.
- To locate the Rural Broadband Access Loan and Loan Guarantee Advance and Construction Procedures Guide (Non-ARRA) (PDF), please click RUS Bulletin 1738-2
For Farm Bill Broadband questions, please contact:
Laurel Leverrie -- (202) 690-4673 -- Laurel.firstname.lastname@example.org