With the recent enactment of the Agricultural Act of 2014 (Farm Bill), changes to the Rural Broadband Access Loans and Loan Guarantees Program (Broadband Program) will have to be implemented and 7 CFR Part 1738 that governs the program will have to be modified.
Until a new regulation is published in the Federal Register detailing the new requirements that must be followed, the Rural Utilities Service is not accepting loan applications for federal assistance under the Broadband Program.
Farm Bill Broadband Program
This program is designed to provide loans for funding, on a technology neutral basis, for the costs of construction, improvement, and acquisition of facilities and equipment to provide broadband service to eligible rural communities.
Farm Bill Broadband Loan Program Brochure
How to Apply
Our guide and attachment page includes the application guide along with a list of important attachments. Guide and Attachments
Applicants seeking funding from the Broadband Loan Program can complete an Environmental Questionnaire as part of the Environmental Report that is included in the Broadband Program Application Guide. The Questionnaire is a supplement to the Report and helps identify items that need to be completed and also provides that status of these items to RUS. The Questionnaire should be submitted as part of Schedule Q along with the Environmental Report.
Applicants seeking funding from the Broadband Loan Program must complete the Representation Regarding Felony Conviction or Tax Delinquent Status for Corporate Applicants. The Representation Regarding Felony or Tax Delinquent Status is not addressed in the Broadband Loan Program Application Guide and is being provided as a supplement to that Guide. Applicants should include their completed Representation Regarding Felony or Tax Delinquent Status in their application package to the RUS.
Creating a Service Area Map
- The Mapping Tool is now available for Broadband Program applicants to create maps of their Service Areas. Applicants can create maps of their existing and proposed Service Areas by clicking here.
Notification that an application has been submitted
- Those interested in receiving email notifications whenever a new Loan has been submitted and the Public Notice Filing has been published can do so by signing up for our subscription service by clicking here.
- To locate borrowers under USDA Programs related to the Farm Bill and Recovery Act Broadband Initiatives Program (BIP) click here.
- Corporations that have been convicted of a felony (or had an officer or agent acting on behalf of the corporation convicted of a felony) within the past 24 months are not eligible. Any Corporation that has any unpaid federal tax liability that has been assessed, for which all judicial and administrative remedies have been exhausted or have lapsed, and that is not being paid in a timely manner pursuant to an agreement with the authority responsible for collecting the tax liability, is not eligible for financial assistance provided with funds appropriated by the Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012, P.L. No. 112-55.
- To locate the Rural Broadband Access Loan and Loan Guarantee Advance and Construction Procedures Guide (Non-ARRA) (PDF), please click RUS Bulletin 1738-2
For Farm Bill Broadband questions, please contact:
Ken Kuchno -- (202) 720-9424 -- Ken.Kuchno@wdc.usda.gov