Telecommunications Infrastructure Loan Program
Friday, February 3, 2012 –
RUS is requesting 5-year pro-forma financial statements and supporting schedules for applications to the Telecommunications Infrastructure Loan Program. Please see the Letter from Assistant Administrator for Telecommunications, David Villano for more information.
Click here for sample pro-forma statements and supplemental schedules
The Telecommunications Infrastructure Loan Program makes Long-term direct and guaranteed loans to qualified organizations for the purpose of financing the improvement, expansion, construction, acquisition, and operation of telephone lines, facilities, or systems to furnish and improve Telecommunications service in rural areas. All facilities financed must be capable of supporting broadband services. "Rural area" is defined as any area of the United States, its territories and insular possessions (including any areas within the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau) not included within the boundaries of any incorporated or unincorporated city, village, or borough having a population exceeding 5,000 inhabitants. The population figure is obtained from the Bureau of Census.
RUS makes Loans to:
- Entities providing, or who may hereafter provide, telephone service in rural areas;
- Public bodies providing telephone service in rural areas as of October 28, 1949; and
- Cooperative, nonprofit, limited dividend or mutual associations.
- RUS does not make loans to individuals.
To be eligible for a loan a borrower:
- Must have sufficient authority to carryout the purposes of the RE Act; and
- Must be incorporated or a limited liability company.
- Corporations that have been convicted of a felony (or had an officer or agent acting on behalf of the corporation convicted of a felony) within the past 24 months are not eligible. Any Corporation that has any unpaid federal tax liability that has been assessed, for which all judicial and administrative remedies have been exhausted or have lapsed, and that is not being paid in a timely manner pursuant to an agreement with the authority responsible for collecting the tax liability, is not eligible for financial assistance provided with funds appropriated by the Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012, P.L. No. 112-55.
- Applications are accepted year round
- Applications are not competitive
- Types of Loans:
- Cost-of-Money Loans
- Guaranteed Loans (Including Federal Financing Bank loans)
- Hardship Loans
How to Apply:
Applicants seeking funding from the Telecommunications Infrastructure Loan Program should contact their local General Field Representative for detailed information on application requirements. All applications must be submitted through the local General Field Representative.
Loan funds may be used to finance telecommunications services in rural areas for:
- Acquisitions (in certain cases)
- Refinancing (in certain cases)
For questions, please contact:
Northern Division at 202-720-1025;
Southern Division at 202-720-0800