U S D A and Rural Development Logos         Committed to the future of rural communities    


Washington State


About us: link to information about our programs and servicesLink to business and cooperative program informationLink to housing and community facilities program informationLink to utility program information
Link to information about community development and empowermentLink to office locationsLink to news and informationLink to publicationsLink to regulations


Water & Waste Guaranteed Loans

Water & Waste loans are available to non-profit organizations, Federally recognized Indian Tribes, municipalities, counties or other political subdivision of Washington State with a population of 10,000 or less. 

Funds may be used to construct, enlarge, relocate or extend water or waste disposal facilities; purchase major equipment; purchase existing facilities when necessary to improve, or prevent the loss of a service. Expenses related to acquisition and construction may also be financed with loan funds, including; loan fees, engineering, rights-of-way acquisition, water rights, permits and other development costs, and equipment necessary to operate and maintain the facility.

Funds may not be used for facilities used primarily for recreation purposes; facilities which are not modest in size, design and cost; finders and packagerís fees; new combined sanitary and storm water sewer facilities; on-site utility systems or business and industrial buildings in connection with industrial parks. Guarantees may not be issued on tax-exempt obligations or loans made by Federal and State agencies.

USDA Rural Development Specialists will be glad to discuss services available from the Agency and explain application procedures. Click here for the Rural Development Specialist closest to you.

Return to Water & Waste Page

Return to Programs Page

Return to Homepage

For questions, please refer to the "Contact Us" page of this website to select the proper individual. Send comments about the format of this web site to: mailto:philip.eggman@wa.usda.gov
Section 508 Web Accessibility Statement

USDA Rural Development is an Equal Opportunity Lender, Provider and Employer.

Complaints of Discrimination should be sent to:

USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Washington D.C. 20250-9410

EEO/CR Statement

 Last modified: February 16, 2006